Bristol A Cappella is a high-quality mixed chorus that sings contemporary songs from a range of genres in the barbershop style. We don't have beatboxing or soloists, but we aim to create a wall of sound by singing in four to eight-part harmony. We’re always looking to improve our performances and have a good time along the way. We love to entertain at gigs and competitions and always welcome new auditionees.
Enjoyment · Education · Excellence
- December: Charity video, Songs from The Muppet Christmas Carol
- February: Bristol Music Festival, choirs category
- 6th October: IABS international silver medallist chorus, scoring 75.2%
- 22nd July: Collaboration with Great Western Chorus at the Redgrave Theatre
- 29th May: BABS convention, scoring 70.2%
- 10th December: First major self-hosted concert
- 30th May: BABS convention - first ever British mixed chorus to compete, scoring 64%
- 12th March: First contest - Mid-Somerset Festival
- July: First coaching evening with Liz Garnett
- January: Rehearsals moved to Victoria Methodist Church
- February: First public performance (sharing a concert with TUBBS A Cappella)
- 1st October: Official founding date, rehearsing at St. Paul's, Clifton
- Spring: Trial rehearsals
We have a visual identity page for logos, colours, and guidelines for the use of our branding.